Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hernia

I could never have guessed. A hernia. Throughout NS, I've seen people getting downgraded for illnesses like this, but to have it happen to me?

Bulge in the groin. Something I hoped would go away by itself. It didn't, so off to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital I went. Thank goodness for insurance, otherwise I'd be in deep waters.

Before surgery, I had the 'luck' to be examined by medical students. I was the dummy for their mini lecture, right there in my ward. Kinda reminded me of the time when Jing Xin, Yee Han, and I went to work as 'casualty models' in TTSH. Having fun and getting paid for it! But here I was, getting prodded in my groin region. I'd never felt so, um, liberated.

I went under general anaesthesia. Knocked out in 2 minutes. The post-surgery nausea was horrid. No weights, no sports, no nothing for the coming weeks.

Darn.

No comments: